Wednesday 4 January 2006

A Very Sad Tale.

I have lists and lists... in a notebook or on bits of paper... of places I want to visit for the first time and places I want to visit again plus there is a list in my head. There are many ticks on my lists so things are going well. One of the lists is of my 107 Lilliput Lane cottages, these are modelled on real cottages, churches and places all over the British Isles and each one comes with a little information card that tells you what County the Cottage is in and sort of where it is. Privacy of private homes is respected so there isn't a map or any directions... just a general location.
Anyway... just as we were leaving Wood Green to come to Romsey for a week I checked my list to see what I had in Hampshire, I have four Cottages BTW.
HEY????!!!??? What is this... I discovered I have St John the Baptist Church in Yorkshire........... AT BLUBBERHOUSES!!!!! Sorry about all the exclamination marks but it still makes me mad to remember that in early November we went through Blubberhouses in Yorkshire, we even took a photo of the name because we were so gobsmacked by it... but at that time I didn't remember I had the Church! The really annoying thing is that it would have been so easy to find because there isn't much in Blubberhouses! Grrrrr!
Sooo if any or you are passing through Blubberhouses would you mind looking up St John the Baptist Church and taking a photo for me... Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home