Wednesday 28 December 2005

Sister Meredith.


My Sister Meredith, my brother-in-law Bill and an old friend of theirs Danielle arrived from Perth yesterday and braved the Tube and my directions to come to Wood Green and meet Emma and Abigail Rose, we took them to lunch at our favourite pub the 'Toll Gate' on Turnpike Lane, then walked to Tom and Emma's where Emma had two friends visiting from Austria, (they had a 6 hour transit in London till their flight to Hong Kong) we waited till Abigail Rose woke up then walked around to our home... they did a quick tour up the scary scary stairs and all over but didn't even sit down at '188' as they were in a hurry to get back to their hotel in Pimlico and prepare for their train and ferry to Ireland first thing next morning. It was great to see the three of them no matter how fleeting, they are off to some of the places we are but at different times so we will catch up with them back in Australia next time. I will put a photo up when I can use my computer again.

While we were having lunch Meredith looked at me and said, 'Did you say the train we were to catch goes to Cockfosters?' 'Yes, that's where it terminates.' I said... she looked at me with a queer look on her face and said,'Did you think it was a strange name?' I had to laugh, I guess I did the first time I heard it but that was many many years ago and there are so many funny place names in London and all over the British Isles we just take them as read now I guess LOL David's theory is that the Cocks were fostered in Cockfosters and the hens were looked after in Orpington... the small fact that these two towns are as far as you can get in London to the North and as far South doesn't faze him... they had roads he said!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

Happy New Year, Pennie! I'm so envious of your white (almost)Christmas. Love, Di J.

Saturday 31 December 2005 at 15:35:00 GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home