Wednesday 16 November 2005

Another day in London.

Wood Green High Street and Billboard!
We spent another day in London, it's so easy catching a tube but today David wanted me to see a different Bus route!! Mmmmmm So we caught the #29... its two way radio broke down so we all had to get off only a couple of stops from where we got on... one passenger was heard to complain to an Official that Drivers shouldn't be listening to the radio they should be driving the bus!! LOL The next bus broke down at Mornington Crescent Station so we ditched buses and walked down 86 steps to the Tube then changed tubes for Kensington South! This took 2 hours, if we'd caught the tube from Wood Green it would have taken less than 45 mins including walking time!! mmmmmm
Albert Hall was top on my list and it is indeed more beautiful than I remember... I think we only drove past it last time we lived here so this time we walked all around it and took this photo because it isn't the traditional shot and it shows off the beautiful apartments in all the back streets. I'm so excited... we bought tickets... what for do you imagine? Bryn Terfel - Nah we aren't that rich! Proms? Nah! Messiah? Love to but we are already booked that night... we have two tickets for the first day of the Masters Tennis!! Can you believe they can turn the beautiful Albert Hall into a Tennis venue?? Incredible eh? We can't wait!



We both spent some time in the Science Museum, David 2 hours more than me, after I'd walked up and down every floor and seen more than interested me I crossed the road to the Victoria and Albert and enjoyed my time in the Rocco section... WOW!!
We caught the TUBE back to Wood Green and in 30 mins we were on the High Street and looking at the view greeting us... the moon shining over our street at 5 pm at night !

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL'd at the moon photo.
You're going to have a whole year of cool weather Pennie!!!! I'm solar powered and wouldnt survive!
Kerry

Saturday 19 November 2005 at 08:33:00 GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home