Saturday 19 November 2005

Okay!!! I'm Over IT!!

I am joking and this email is TIC (Tongue in Cheek) but… I need to either kick somebody or something and that would mean I would either break something or myself so I’m going to have a real RANT instead.

Yesterday I was up early so I could pick up Tom and Abigail from the Station; Emma had gone straight to work from their flight back from Dubai. The car was covered in not only bird poop, it was also covered in ice… so back to the house for a jug of warm water to remove the ice from the windscreen and then off… only to be stuck in the traffic which turned a 5 min trip into a 20 min one… it didn’t matter because Tom’s train was late… somehow after thinking Tom had seen me as I waved and opened the boot of the warmed up car… he hadn’t so by the time I realized this he’d decided to walk and was so far away he couldn’t hear me calling him. I jumped back into the car thinking I would catch him up but soon remembered I didn’t know this side of Westbury Avenue so ended up going around in circles and coming back to where I’d started a couple of times… anyway I did find a landmark and made it to Tom’s just as he was opening his front door. Then he opened his mail and one of the letters was for me………. A £100 fine for being in a Bus Lane…. Don’t tell me not to convert, this is big money we’re talking about… $A234 in fact!! I remember what I did now, it was a quiet morning and David jumped out of the car to buy some Portuguese Tarts to take to our friends and I waited with the engine running watching in the rear vision mirror for any bus that may be coming.

Tom and Abigail went to bed so I went home and burst into tears, David was lovely and read the small print which said if the fine was paid within 14 days it would only cost £50 so he immediately filled in the Credit Card details and we posted it off on our way for a day in Hertfordshire (more on this later).

Today… after promises from Bulldog to be at ‘188’ between the hours of 8.30 am and 1 pm in the form of three snail mails plus a DVD, booklet and modem, one SMS, three phone calls and more than 3 emails they didn’t turn up!!!!! This is after telling us they would fine us £60 if we weren’t in… we’ve already paid them £60 almost 6 weeks ago.

I rang at 1.30 pm to be told the lines were busy so call back later… I rang another number and was told that they’d emailed us at 4:30pm yesterday to say BT had cancelled… I wasn’t a very nice person I’m afraid! Firstly Bulldog wouldn’t talk to me because it was David who had rung them even though it was me they had all their correspondence with… Humph!! I wasn’t having any of that and after 10 frustrating minutes all I could get was that it was BT that cancelled and Bulldog can’t do anything till BT put the line on. I tried ringing BT but my mobile told me I only had 21p left even though we’d put £25 on two days ago and only made a couple of short calls…. So off to the High Street and Vodaphone who tell me… oh hell I don’t know what they told me I’m off to bed!

P.S. We don’t want to call it quits even though we only have 16 weeks left, we want the convenience of being able to search the Net when we think of it, Skype when we want and Blog when we want to at home and not have to write ourselves notes to remember to do it at Tom’s. I’m calling BT first thing in the morning!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear Pennie, that was what you call 'one hell of a day'. I hope you kicked a few things and threw a few things amid your tears of frustration. Glad to see by your title that you are over it!! :-)
It is so lovely to read your blog, what a wonderful diary of your holidays that you'll treasure in years to come.
Dy in Perth

Wednesday 23 November 2005 at 01:50:00 GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home