Thursday 20 December 2007

Griffiths Family Christmas Newsletter - December 2007


Photo... David's Leyland TD 4, Pennie's Christmas Quilt, Pennie's Hexagons and Grandchildren are the BEST!


As I write we’re experiencing thunder, lightning rain and hail on an almost daily basis, the drought may have broken over Sydney but it’s still really bad out in the countryside… we’re always thinking of those out there who are trying to make a living off the land, it’s tough but they’re tougher thankfully!

David’s highlight of the year was getting the Leyland TD4 back onto the road for Australia Day’s Motorfest, after 16 years of stop start restoration. The photographers and film makers were out on the streets of Sydney to see this magnificent beast packed to overflowing with passengers enjoying the Australia Day Celebration with Gwilym playing conductor once again. Don’t worry the Albion didn’t miss out she either followed along behind or led the way with Craig from the Museum at the wheel. David’s enjoying his days volunteering at the Bus Museum at Tempe finding more volunteers from the Volunteering Centre, he’s found Jodi who does the Newsletter, Osman is restoring the White bus and Ying is doing the Database all very successfully. David was photographed by Scott McGregor for Scott’s new book called Big Boys’ Toys which we’re all looking forward to seeing in the NewYear.

Pennie finished several more quilts and promptly gave most of them away except for the Christmas one above, this one’s staying here and will have its stockings filled for the Grandchildren each year, it’s a group Row X Row with some of the rows being made by my local quilting friends, I put it together and added the embellishments. The half inch hexagon quilt that I showed you last year has grown, I’m straightening it up at the moment for a border of some sort of applique… it will be three years of hand work soon ☺ but I’m in no hurry! Life is really terrific in my little piece of paradise, I get to see my little Grandboys on a weekly basis, keep in close contact with my little Grandgirls via Webcam or phone, do a bit of baby sitting here and there, get up to see Mum and Dad often, love our family celebrations, play tennis weekly, off to Quilting Gatherings regularly, off for the odd weekend away with David, I love keeping up with my friends via the Internet and really enjoy keeping my Blog going for family and friends all over the World… Life is good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Pennie! Got your card. Love your Christmas quilt and the tree skirt too!
Enjoy your very special Christmas with your family.
I have one more day of work to go.
Have a wonderful Summer! Carmel

Thursday 20 December 2007 at 21:27:00 GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home