Thursday 13 December 2007

It's UP!


Christmas Tree #1, originally uploaded by Pennie David.

I have this thing about the 12 Days of Christmas, I'm not a religious person but do know they start on the 25th of December and finish on the 5th of January. I like to tell myself - and the children when they were little - that the Christmas Tree mustn't go up until 12 days before Christmas and must come down 12 days after on the 5th of Jan... that's what I like to tell myself anyway... but the best laid plans and all that!! I try not to let my mother know if I do take my tree down before the 5th because once a very long time ago my Grandmother was taking down decorations before the 12th night and she fell off the ladder and broke her arm and in that same year my Grandfather died suddenly - so it's been drilled into me since I was little and to this day that it's very bad luck to take your tree down early or even late.
Today is 12 days before Christmas and our beautiful fresh smelling tree is up in its bucket of water full of bricks to keep it stable. I'll let the Grandchildren help decorate it this year... only 7 more sleeps till the T.E.A.M. arrive!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home