Saturday 17 November 2007

W13. Scatterday - 'H' - Human, Toys & Soft.

Human - My Dear Grandfather Harrie Cleveland Cobcroft, born 1897 died 1955, (only 58 years old) I only had 10 years with him but they were very memorable years and he still has a special place in my heart along side my Mama.
1. Harrie’s Parents outside the home they built in Windsor, NSW. Richard William and Gertrude Bushell with two of Harrie’s siblings - photo was taken around 1888 and you can see the Blue Mountains through the hallway of the home. 'Glenroy' has been restored but no longer in the family.
2. The Wedding of a family member at the same home in Windsor after many additions and extensions. Harrie is the little boy in the front left of the photo.
3. Harrie aged 18 and off to WW1, he was honoured with a Military Medal and a Bar for his devotion to duty at Mont de Merris, near Strazeele on the night of 2nd/3rd of June, 1918.

Toys - There has been a threat to ban me from using my Babushkas!! Poo! Poo! Poo! I say to that!! But I'm getting them in again just in case..... LOL
1. Here we have 'Hawaiian' Ladies, Nuns in 'Habits' and Ladies wearing 'Hijab’s'
2. Babushkas waiting for a Hornby Train ride.
3. Some of David’s Hornby Trains.

Soft - Last night we had a Teddy Naming Ceremony so let me introduce you to…
1. The Big Boys - Horatio, Hal, Hadrian, Hagar and Hank the Wombat!
2. The Girls - Harriet, Henrietta, Helen the pink rabbit, Hailey, Hyacinth and Heloise the Cow.
3. The Little Boys - Harrie, Henry, Hamish, Hayden, Harris and Harvey in the back.
Trust me I love the names!!

8 Comments:

Blogger rooruu said...

1.21am. That's devotion and enthusiasm, Pennie!

I say let you run with babushkas - we probably all have a collection of some sort that we could/do deploy....and what a good way to document your collection.

Still working on my Scatterday - light's a bit glum right now, I'm waiting for the sunshine.

Saturday 17 November 2007 at 07:13:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Michelle Watters said...

She has more collections than anyone else know to man Ruth. They have managed to supply her with every Scattegory we have done so far. Well good on you PD. I do hope you have a collection of Purple T things somewhere in the house.

Saturday 17 November 2007 at 11:16:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Di's SnippitS said...

Well done as usual Pennie. I am enjoying the viewing of your Babushkas. Was wondering if you have an elephant Babushka?

Saturday 17 November 2007 at 12:56:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Go the babushka's! I'd like to see them squeezed into a scatterday category every week if possible.

Saturday 17 November 2007 at 12:59:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Christina said...

Love the teddies and love the name horatio and hamish

Christina

Saturday 17 November 2007 at 14:06:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Dy said...

My word Pennie, an explosion of H's! Very good!

Saturday 17 November 2007 at 14:56:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Nola said...

So funny, Pennie! Especially the bears - you must show me which is which next time I visit...

I wonder how often baboushkas in hijabs catch Hornby trains? It sounds an interesting cultural mix!

As always, Pennie, a great Scatterday!

Saturday 17 November 2007 at 17:15:00 GMT+11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always love your Scatterdays, and your babushkas. LOL

Sunday 18 November 2007 at 00:42:00 GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home