Saturday 10 November 2007

W12. Scatterday 'O' - Breakfast, Shiny Thing & Tiny Thing.

Breakfast - When I want something special for Breakfast I turn to one of my Bill Granger cook books, he’s come up trumps again for me today! Here is Bill’s ‘Oat, Pear and Raspberry Loaf’.
1. Ingredients all ready.
2. Ready for the Oven.
3. Ready to eat… The Verdict!! Absolutely delicious, moist flavoursome pears and raspberries with an oaty taste and a crunchy top. The recipe says to spead butter over but it’s so lovely and moist there is no need.

Shiny Things - Olive Oil is shiny and I’ve always got plenty of that!
1. My favourite dipping Olive Oil is this Gwydir Grove Lemon Myrtle… Yum!
2. For Stir Fires and general cooking I use Bertoli Extra Light.
3. And for the odd occasion that I deep fry something you can’t go past is a good Peanut Oil like Crisco.

Tiny Things - A couple of Owl Babushkas! Yes sir indeedy this Babushka Collection of mine is coming in mighty handy for Scatterdaises!
1. I have two sets of Owls, one set I bought for myself in Australia and one bought for me by a friend in Argentina of all places!
2. The two tiniest Owls measure 3.5 centimetres.
3. Owls lining up.

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Watters said...

An excellent array Pennie. I need to make that loaf - it looks yummy. And we obviously both have olives on the brain. And those Babushkas are doing well for you aren't they. Perhaps Dy and I need a 'No Babushka' category!

Saturday 10 November 2007 at 08:55:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Pennie said...

No No NO Michelle... you can't ban the Babushkas, they're my 'Brain's Trust'!!

Saturday 10 November 2007 at 09:04:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Fran said...

I was thinking the very same thing as Michelle!
Maybe a few weeks without using them?????
Didn't think of oil!
hugz,

Saturday 10 November 2007 at 15:43:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Those owls are gorgeous, and the loaf looks delicious!

Saturday 10 November 2007 at 16:05:00 GMT+11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Bill's cookbooks. I love to look at them. Unfortunately, the pace of life in the mornings here doesn't allow for making lovely yummy things like your loaf. Maybe when cricket season is over? Great choices, I love your babushkas.

Saturday 10 November 2007 at 18:42:00 GMT+11  
Blogger rooruu said...

It's partly your fault, Pennie, I keep seeing your Scatterdays and finally got caught...!

Saturday 10 November 2007 at 19:07:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Dy said...

I'm coming to your house for breakfast!

Saturday 10 November 2007 at 23:21:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Di said...

The oil was an inspired choice,Pennie, and you had me salivating at the sight of Bill's fruity oaty loaf.

Saturday 10 November 2007 at 23:48:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Nola said...

Clever Pennie! I think I might need to have the recipe for that loaf! And I enjoy seeing bits of your Babushka collection each week. I so love those owls!

Sunday 11 November 2007 at 22:24:00 GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home