Saturday 6 October 2007

W7. Scatterday 'C'

Week Seven Scatterday using the letter ‘C’ and the categories… Hobbies, Furniture and Pizza Toppings.

Hobbies = Collecting… Old Green Bottles, I collected these while living and traveling in England in the late 1970’s they have the name of towns we visited on them. Old English Pewter which was collected by David’s Uncle and passed onto us and David’s Collection of Old English ‘Dinky’ Double Decker Buses which he collected from both Australia and England. You’re lucky I stopped here… we have so many collections of different ‘stuff’!

Furniture = Chests… A rare Camphor Wood chest (I know it’s rare because the people who sold it to us 25 years ago offered to buy it back for double the price a couple of weeks later, it has no carvings), Australian Cedar Chest that we had restored & my Maternal Grandmothers family Mahogany Chest that came out to Australia with them from England in the early 1800’s (you can still see the shipping label which says Long)

Pizza Toppings = Crustaceans… my very favourite of course! Spanner Crabs, Delicious Pizza I made and Tiger Prawns.
BTW I have no problems asking shop keepers if I can take a couple of photos for a game I’m playing on the internet… the guy in the Fish Shop asked me if he could be in the photo LOL)
P.S. The Pizza was absolutely delicious!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Watters said...

Your collections are a never ending thrill. And of course the chests are magnificent. I think the best thing about this game is getting out there and taking photos. It's like a secret scavenger hunt.

Saturday 6 October 2007 at 09:43:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Christina said...

Ok this week I too will be brave and try an take a shop photo well done the crabs look great
christina

Saturday 6 October 2007 at 11:08:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Dy said...

I always know there's going to be something interesting to see when I visit your Scatterday photos Pennie. Great collections! And "Crustaceans" - very clever take. And yummy too!

Saturday 6 October 2007 at 12:04:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Di's SnippitS said...

Gorgeous mosaic Pennie. Why didn't I think of collections? although mine are just scattered untidily so might not be too photographic. Loved your wooden chests and pizza toppings too.

Saturday 6 October 2007 at 14:25:00 GMT+10  
Blogger jodie said...

Hi Pennie
Yum, how could you waste that beautiful seafood on a pizza. Eaten simply with a good bottle of wine would suit me! To answer your question re DH's race cars -

Yes this year he does lease them out, he has a partner and together they have a number of cars. They deliver them to the track out at Morgan Park, Warwick, SW QLD, and they maintain them throughout the meet. (They incudes me as I usually have to tow a car out there). The drivers who lease them just turn up and drive.

Prior to this year he drove, had one little car and it was more family friendly! This is not his livelihood, just a hobby. Our livelihood is his other business which kept him away from us much of the time. I am hoping he downsizes for next year and goes back to doing a little driving and get pleasure from it, not all the stress!

Jodie

Monday 8 October 2007 at 19:28:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home