Saturday 13 October 2007

W 8. Scatterday 'F' - Cold Things, Signs & The Elements.

Cold Things = Fish… Flake, Two Franks & Flathead. (Whenever I ask if I can take a photo in this shop one of these fellows always wants to be in it! I explained that I was looking for something cold starting with the letter ‘F’ and he said his name was Frank and he’d just been in the Cold Room!! And of course his mate jumped into the photo as well telling me his name was Frank too! Who am I to doubt them? ) LOL

Signs = London Routemaster Bus Destination Rolls showing Forest Hill and Fulham then in the middle a little enameled sign which is a copy of an old advertisement for Fantasia that I have on the wall of our family room.

The Elements = Fe. Is the symbol for the element Iron. David’s Uncle Keith went to Carmel, Calif. in the 1920’s and started a Forge making several iron things including this Bell. These are three little Iron profiles that we bought in Coalbrookdale, Shropshire of Messes Telford, Brunel and Stevenson all designers of Iron Bridges in Britain. Another of Keith’s Bells plus some Iron Shoe Lasts hanging on the wall outside… note spider web in tact.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First prize today for the Franks. How funny:)
KLM

Saturday 13 October 2007 at 09:05:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Michelle Watters said...

Excellent photos as always Pennie. I think your house will always provide inspiration for at least one category! I had great ideas of all sorts of things I would photograph this week but my path was diverted.

Saturday 13 October 2007 at 09:39:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Dy said...

Your adventures at the fish shop are so funny Pennie, and how appropriate to have a cold Frank in the photo. LOL

Saturday 13 October 2007 at 09:51:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Di said...

I'm never disappointed by your choices, Pennie! Two Franks take the cake this week!

Saturday 13 October 2007 at 11:19:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Di's SnippitS said...

Great iron things Pennie, great minds think alike. The cold Franks are pretty special, almost the same as mine LOL. My favourite sign there would be the Funtasia one, brings back memories.

Saturday 13 October 2007 at 11:32:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Di's SnippitS said...

I read your comments on cows Pennie and was fully expecting to find similar franks to mine, thats so funny, you do have great adventures. Loved your iron things as well and the Funtasia sign brought back memories.

Saturday 13 October 2007 at 11:43:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Christina said...

You must be getting well known in that fish shop is that the same one as the one you took the pizza topping photos at

Christina

Saturday 13 October 2007 at 14:32:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Liz Needle said...

Very clever Pennie - especially the iron things. I thought a bout those sorts of elements then gave it up as too hard. Now can I guess what you will do about P and a metal??

Monday 15 October 2007 at 23:03:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Nola said...

Loved your funny Franks! I thought about Fe for iron and decided it was too hard. I could see myself taking a photo and then The Resident Engineer pointing out that it wasn't really iron...

Thursday 18 October 2007 at 22:07:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home