Tuesday 14 November 2006

Living in Paradise.

Each morning, just after the sun's come up over the garage, I walk outside and I'm hit by the beautiful smell of these Lilliums they remind me of my Internet friend Kerry who sent them to me many years ago.

After a wander around the garden doing a few chores we sit down to breakfast and are joined firstly by this very gentle and polite Kookaburra who just sits on the Grape Vine watching us, he doesn't make a sound just sits patiently waiting for me to go and get some meaty treat. I was fascinated to notice, only a few years ago that Kookaburras can't walk, they hop when on the ground.

These pretty little Lorrikeets aren't nearly as polite, they chatter and chatter, jump onto our table demanding a piece of apple, they always come in pairs and there's always one that's on guard and a very bold cheeky one. If David leaves his tea tray out it doesn't take them long to help themselves to his sugar bowl.

And then, if we're lucky along comes this King Parrot, usually they're in pairs as well but this male was on his own the other morning, he gets Wild Bird seed which I clean up as soon as he finishes because those horrible Indian Mynar Birds think I want to feed them...

We have nocturnal wild life as well, we hear them but rarely see them but they leave their calling cards like Possum Poo and little holes dug in the lawn by Bandicoots.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Pennie! Wish we had those king parrots over here!

Thursday 16 November 2006 at 23:08:00 GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home