Monday 13 November 2006

Happy Birthday Dad!


When your father gets a new Laptop Computer for his 90th Birthday something has to be said... so this is what I said in his Birthday Card.

My Dad
My Dad was born on the 13th of November 1916.
My Dad was born on a Monday (Monday’s child is fair of face).
My Dad’s mother left it too late to walk to the hospital.
My Dad was born in a gutter.
My Dad found a phone box has been erected on this sacred site.
My Dad’s Dad was away in France fighting the Great War.
My Dad’s name is Ripley Clements Rodd.
My Dad’s, Dad’s name was Clements Ripley Rodd.
My Dad’s family can trace their history back to 1066.
My Dad has an Island in Sydney Harbour named after his family.
My Dad was a Choir Boy for many years
My Dad was a Gymnast, a Hockey Player and a Tennis Player.
My Dad represented N.S.W. in some of these sports.
My Dad joined the Army during the Depression.
My Dad was an Officer when WW2 started.
My Dad served at El Alamein.
My Dad met my Mum during the War, it was love at first sight.
My Dad still writes love poems and has flowers sent to my Mum.
My Dad left the Army after the War.
My Dad returned to the Army and became a Lieutenant Colonel.
My Dad served his Country for 25 years.
My Dad bought up four children.
My Dad moved us many times from Army Camp to Army Camp.
My Dad settled us at Newport.
My Dad used to drive a car with big red lips on it.
My Dad loved to Sail on Pittwater.
My Dad doesn’t like waste.
My Dad mixed all his left over paint together.
My Dad painted everything around the house a dark purple.
My Dad got fed up with cleaning gutters.
My Dad and Mum moved to Brentwood Village in Kincumber.
My Dad loved to travel to many different and some exotic places.
My Dad loved England and sat in Maggie Thatcher’s Chair.
My Dad found homes his family lived in more than 200 years ago.
My Dad has always loved Music.
My Dad plays a Technico Organ for the pure joy of it.
My Dad has 12 Grandchildren.
My Dad has 3 1/2 Great Grandchildren.
My Dad writes fantastic stories about his life, he posts us copies.
My Dad has a great appetite and loves French Restaurants.
My Dad loves good Whisky.
My Dad’s first born loves her Dad.
My Dad’s first born is very proud of her Dad.
My Dad turns 90 today and again it’s a Monday.
My Dad got a new Laptop Computer for his birthday.
My Dad is starting to write fictional stories.
Happy Birthday to My Dad, love from Pennie

Dad at 18 months old.
Pennie at 18 months old.
Dad, Pennie and Mum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home