Saturday 4 November 2006

10 Years on Online Quilting.

Today is the 10th Anniversary of my joining an Australian Online Quilting Group called the 'SCQuilters'. (Southern Cross Quilters). This Group has introduced me to many new friends, many new quilting techniques and many more Quilting Shops LOL. Each day I download emails from all over Australia and beyond... I hear about gatherings, retreats, quilts made for charities, quilts made for loved ones, swaps of fabrics, blocks, birthday fat quarters or rows, all of which were foreign to me 10 years ago but now quite common place. I was nervous meeting my first Internet friend but soon discovered she wasn't going to kidnap me or any such terrible thing. I can count many of the 2000 SCQuilters as my friends and have long given up trying to imagine what that quilter on the other end of the Internet looks like because you can email with a person for many years and think you know them until you actually meet them and find they look nothing what you imagined :-) Today I made some cup cakes to celebrate with those who meet at the Pub each month for a sit, chat, lunch and sew.

Michelle, Pennie, Nola and Siobhan our youngest member and daughter of Cate
Some of the group who meet each month at Pennant Hills Pub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home