Wednesday 25 October 2006

It's that time of year again...

... when our beautiful Lemon Scented Gums start to peel their bark!!! I love these trees but the mess they leave on the driveway always bugs me, I wouldn't mind if they did it over a couple of weeks but no... they take at least three months from the begining of November to the end of January to shed... so we have a messy driveway impossible to walk on unless we rake it all up with lots of bark in the pool that jams up the pool cleaner grrrrr But I mustn't grumble (this is something normally said just after someone has grumbled!!) I do love these trees... their shade, the lovely fresh smell of their leaves and their beauty.
For nine months these gums look nice and tidy.
But for three months of each year they shed their bark!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home