Saturday 11 November 2006

The Eleventh Day of the Eleventh Month.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Today I remember my young, handsome and very brave Grandfathers.

Clements Ripley Rodd who fought at Abbeville in France,

Harrie Cleveland Cobcroft who fought and was Awarded a Military Medal plus Bar at Mont de Merris, near Strazeele in France.

I have many very fond memories of my Grandfathers, they were great fun to be with, had all the time in the world for just me and always had a cheeky twinkle in their eyes.

David’s Uncle Frank Amphlett died at Passchendaele near Ypres his name can be found on the Roll of Honour. Menin Gate, Amiens in Belgium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home