Friday 24 November 2006

Hyde Park

After hours of very successful shopping I bought a sandwich and walked across the road from David Jones to Hyde Park to sit on a park bench and enjoy my lunch. They've started taking down enormous old and diseased trees before replanting new ones I'd heard but there was no sign of it, just a wider lighter Park.
Now I love these roots but as a child I was frightened of them and always thought they looked like Grandma Rodd's neck :-)
I know summer is here when I see lovely rows of Agapanthus.
Beautiful Avenue looking towards the War Memorial.
All my life (61 years) I've seen old men playing chess here... nothing changes.
Archibald Fountain with St Mary's in the background.
An old man feeding the birds, Pigeons, Ibis and some Black Crows

Today I bought 'The Big Issue' from one of the homeless lads selling on the street, months ago I'd heard a very informative interview with Richard Fiddler on Radio 702 with the people who started this paper so I now have a different view of these sellers and enjoyed a good chat with the lad I bought from, he was very friendly and when I mentioned how much politer he was to the sellers in London, who really get in your face, he said British Backpackers had told him the exact same thing... how come I feel I want to adopt one of these lads??

P.S. David caught the train to Wollongong today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dy said...

Pennie, you are so funny - Grandma Rodd's neck indeed! LOL
And what is David doing catching a TRAIN! That's "Bus Blasphemy".

Friday 24 November 2006 at 21:12:00 GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home