Saturday 10 June 2006

Pies...



I have a pie maker and a brand new Pressure Cooker... recently I cooked up two kilos of beef to make a really delicious Beef Bourguignon... we ate some hot and the rest of it I made into pies and froze. I took a couple up to Mum and Dad for their dinner and received a very appreciative email from Mum and a hand written note from Dad... Dad's was written on orange paper in black texta and in capitals...

P.J. THE PIES WERE GREAT! THANK-YOU! -o- I BET YOU MAKE GREAT APPLE PIES TOO! R.

How cheeky is that??

I also gave a couple of pies to our Solicitor (Briony's Boss) and below is part of his reply!! I know it sounds a bit far fetched and sounds as though he is willing to go to extraordinary lengths for some more Pies but I have it on good authority from both Briony and David that this story is absolutely true!! What do you think??


Pennie, I have bad news.

Like yesterday, I put the pie on a saucer (appropriate size) in the
microwave and set the timer for three minutes at high heat (equivalent
to gas-mark 6 for 15 minutes in old money).

I started up my computer and returned to the microwave and found the
timer was still on 3 minutes - it hadn't moved. I changed the timer to
2 minutes and set off to turn the other computers and photocopier on.
Within a minute the office was full of smoke. It took me a little while
to discover the smoke was coming out of the microwave. I turned it off
and opened the door. Your poor little pie was a black crisp. I briefly
thought of Auschwitz.

Meanwhile the smoke detectors had done their job and the fire alarm was
ringing. The alarm is connected directly to the fire brigade. Next
thing sirens are sounding and the fire brigade arrives with half a dozen
officers with breathing apparatus.

I could only agree with the fireman who said "That's a awful lot of
smoke for such a small pie".

I don't hold you entirely to blame for destroying my microwave and
blackening the benchtop. There may have been other factors -
atmospheric conditions, electrical or mechanical malfunction.

Tracey and Val have just set off to buy a replacement (microwave, not
pie). It will need to be thoroughly tested before cooking normal things
such as my corn, Skye's soup, Briony's noodles etc. The best test would
be beef and stout pies or, as you generously suggest, chicken, wine and
tarragon.


In anticipation

Peter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home