Thursday 8 June 2006

8-6-68

On the 8th day of the 6th month in 1968 we were married at Artington House Register Office in Guildford, Surrey. Actually as I write this its not even 7am over there... so in fact we've spent the day celebrating too early!! We'll have to do it again tomorrow I reckon.
Artington House, 8th of June 1968 (38 years ago) David bought his suit from Moss Bros and I made my dress, it was stolen with some other clothes and stuff when we were in Rome.
Nerys and Tim were also married at Artington House in 1995
David and Pennie at the same spot in 2005
Breakfast down at Bobbin Head. It's been a perfectly beautiful day here in Sydney, everything is shining after it's good soaking rain this week and the sun's been shining on us all day. It was also a perfectly beautiful day 38 years ago... if my memory is correct!
A walk around Manly Beach... we always say you can't go anywhere without bumping into someone from North Turramurra... here are old friends, Peter and Anne who left the area more than 10 years ago.
Lunch on the roof of the Steyne Hotel... what a view... then home for a quiet evening and homemade Pumpkin Soup.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary David and Pennie.

Manly and Bobbin Head are two of our favourite spots too. We like Dee Why too - the walk along the beach to to the Long Reef headland to spot whales in winter and then brunch at one of the cafes.

But back to Mnaly. We always buy fish and chips (octopus and chips to be strictly correct) at Ocean Foods (used to be owned by the wife-murderer Andrew Kalazich) at the beach end of the Corso. I always get a 20% discount there because the present owner erroneously thinks I'm an old friend of his. This has been going on now for so many years I am too embarrassed to tell him it is a case of mistaken identity. He keeps asking me questions about the old days (the shop in Lane Cove - the kids - the car) and I just keep making up answers. He always gives strange looks to my wife Julie who I assume bears no resemblance to his friend's wife. He must think I have a special Manly friend. I'm afraid if I confess to him that I not who he thinks I am he will either stop giving me the discount (about $5.00) or kill me - or both!

Any suggestions?

Peter S

Saturday 10 June 2006 at 08:27:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home