Wednesday 7 June 2006

I know I'm really home when...

I've spent the nicest of days today... the need to make a quilt for a dear friend has had me happily locked in my sewing room for most of the day sewing and listening to ABC radio... amongst the fascinating interviews, titbits, music and news, the afternoon presenter asked people to ring up with any obscure 'Brush with Fame'.

There were many funny callers but the one that stuck in my mind was the girl who rang up to say that 20 years ago she was playing 'spin the bottle' at a party in the Eastern Suburbs and she got to kiss the boyfriend of the baby sitter of Mel Gibson's children. Well if that didn't have me chuckling as I chain pieced my fabrics through my sewing machine... about half an hour later another woman rang. She was the wife of the boy that had played 'spin the bottle' 20 years ago when he was the boyfriend of the girl who baby sat Mel Gibson's children... she wasn't the baby sitter though... Just in case you were wondering.

Anyway... the reason I just put this on the Blog is because this is the sort of thing I missed while we were away... listening to my radio station, in my sewing room, chuckling while I blissfully make a quilt top!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home