Monday 6 March 2006

Sunday...

Our last full day in London so off to the 'Tollgate Pub' for breakfast with Emma and Abi... Tom is in Jersey... a traditional English breakfast of eggs, bacon, mushroom, baked beans, hash brown, sausage and toast only costs £1.99 ($4.69) which is pretty darn good!!
Abi practices her ballet steps with her mum .

David and I head into the city after breakfast and get off the tube at Russell Square then walk to Charles Dickens home which is really interesting and full of all sorts of personal items belonging to him as well as some of his hand written text... we really wonder how anyone could have translated them into print because we can hardly read them but that was the same with Jane Austen and the Bronte's... I guess I am so used to the printed word.

Look at these Man Hole covers... I've been fascinated with these and have several photos of different ones I've seen and I'm thinking I'll make a quilt using these designs one day... yeah yeah One Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home