Sunday 3 September 2006

Patchwork and Quilting.

A question from a friend reminded me that I keep meaning to put up on the Blog some of what I do when I sit down at night.
I bought this 1930 to 1940's quilt top from a friend of mine who sells such things... buying an old quilt top wasn't something I ever thought of doing, but I fell in love with this one. It took me a long time to repair it and put it back together and now I sit down at night, turn the telly on and quilt. I still have a long way to go but I'm pleased with how it's going.
It's a pretty big quilt, a good sized double bed quilt.
This is what my quilting looks like on the back.
These are new, I took the fabrics to England with me so I had some hand work to do in quiet moments. I'm making diamond shapes so I will have a similar but just that little bit different than the old quilt above, I take these mindless easy hexagons when I go out quilting with friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger rooruu said...

It's lovely to see the progress on this top - looking good!

Thursday 28 September 2006 at 13:15:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home