Wednesday 14 September 2005

The Boys...

I thought I would give you a little background into who David and I are traveling and meeting with during this first week in Scotland. Our Tour Organizer is Andy Stewart who many years ago drove a Sydney Albion Double Decker bus from London to Sydney many times over, he is now a travel agent in Adelaide and in 2004 organized for a group of Scottish Bus lovers to come to Australia to see our old transport vehicles... this is the return trip to see the Scottish Transport museums.

The Australians on the trip I had mostly met before and are from Tempe Bus Museum but there are a few extras... one from Melbourne and one from Perth. We are a group of 12 with me being the only female... most of the blokes are older batchelor's who I always thought to be shy but as we've been moving in the same circles for the last few days that's not the case, they are all wonderful gentleman and will chat to me about all sorts of subjects... it is a very happy group of people with no personality clashes or problems. I go with the boys to see the wonderful countryside and to enjoy an evening meal but do my own thing while they are getting down and dirty in the Museums.

Joining us every day are several of the Scottish blokes who came to Australia, I recognize many of them from when we gave them a BBQ at '333', they are all wonderful Gentleman just like the Aussies.  Edith joined us one day, she is the wife of Big Jim Docherty, a bus operator in Auchterarder a small village outside Stirling... the local Newspaper took a photo of us beside a nice old Black and White bus... a Leyland I think... I have a copy of the article which I will scan later on.

Photos... I think the combined total must be close to 0ne million by now LOL I decided to limit David because we don't have a battery charger for the Camera and I really want a photo of the phone box that was in the film 'Local Hero'... I've asked one of the boys to email me a couple of good photos of buses when he gets home and I'll put them on the Blog.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home