Friday 9 September 2005

Beautiful Days...

Two absolutely beautiful days here in Wood Green... very warm and sunny with only a sheet and one quilt needed to sleep at night, it was the Musical Quilt I made for Tomo a few years ago... so lovely sleeping under one of your children's quilts! We haven't bought cool clothes so we're in a bit of a pickle!
I took the first day very gently after my horrendous flight... but slept very comfortably and feel almost myself today. David and I took Abigail Rose for a long long walk around the neighbourhood and up the High Street. Got a British SIM card for my mobile phone and started the Flat hunt, we should be able to get something comfortable within just a short walking distance from Abigail Rose but we'll get more serious after our two week trip to Scotland on Saturday... Tom gets home on Saturday but we will miss him by a few hours.
Abigail is just adorable, she keeps herself so busy on her hunt to find things to put in her mouth and finding things to climb up on, she is very good at entertaining herself and it's a joy to watch her... Tom and Emma pretend to run and catch her and she laughs these real belly laughs, I gently tickle her all around her head and she becomes almost hypnotized by it... what a treasure she is! I've taken some photos but have to be careful as I left my battery charger at home!! Well I had to leave something didn't I eh?? Gwilym is posting it but I won't get it till we get back to Wood Green. Also I haven't been able to work out how to connect to Tom's Internet access or to add photos to his software so I will have to wait till he gets home then till we get back from Scotland so you may all have to wait for another two weeks to see my little darling! Darlings that should read!! Shouldn't leave out the adults they're almost as adorable as Abi!
There is the most wonderful Turkish Supermarket only a short walk away, great display of fruit and vegetables, terrific Deli, great meat and such an arrangement of wonderful things in tins! I need to explore it without Abigail in tow methinks. There are also some wonderful cafe's and a terrific Portuguese Bread Shop that sells the best Portuguese Tarts that I've ever had.
One thing we can't get over is the number of betting shops around us, not something one sees much of in Sydney. Cheers for now, Pennie

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also take pictures of Potugese tarts and Turkish supermarkets too please :-)

Sounds like you've settled in well already?

hugz,

Friday 9 September 2005 at 10:05:00 GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pen,

Sorry to hear you had such a lousy flight. I sympathise as I know there's no where to go when youi are sick at 35,000feet!
give Abi a special hug from her favourite Great Uncle Nick.Might be worth considering taking the train to scotland?
take care,
Littlest Bro

Friday 9 September 2005 at 10:39:00 GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having fun, Pennie. I really envy you. Wish I could get Don to fly. Sigh..............

Hurry up Tomo and come home as we're all dying to see more of Abigail.

Love to you both.

Liz Needle

Blow, it won't recognise my blogger name. have to sort this out.

Friday 9 September 2005 at 18:11:00 GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penne

Not the mile high club, the bile high club!

Peter (the solicitor)

Saturday 17 September 2005 at 15:05:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home