Thursday 22 November 2007

Lovely day...


David's Birthday, originally uploaded by Pennie David.

We celebrated David's Birthday in style today, had lunch at Shimbashi a traditional Japanese restaurant in Neutral Bay where they make Buckwheat Noodles in the window... but they weren't today... I love Sashimi and Sushi but not too sure on other Japanese foods so we searched the menu carefully looking for something totally different to what we knew and choose a Hot Pot and a Pancake both of which were absolutely delicious and great value at $20 each... highly recommended!!
Then we went down to Balmoral for a walk along the sea front, funny old fashioned beach isn't it with it's cement wall but lovely all the same with just a glance of Manly past the moored boats.
Next it was the Cremorne Orpheum to see 'Death at a Funeral' very funny, a bit slapstick but a must see with the lovely Rupert Graves and Matthew Macfadyen.
I remembered the last time I was at the Cremorne Orpheum way back in 1960 while I was at Queenwood... I know I must get out more... I won a prize in Art for a model of a bedroom I'd made, maybe it was the plasticine Butler with the drinks tray that tipped the judges :-) Anyway a lot has changed at the Orpheum in 47 years... don't you just love this lighting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Balmoral Beach, it's my favourite beach in Sydney. Nice for the kids, lots of shade. Many happy returns to David.

Saturday 24 November 2007 at 07:43:00 GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home