Friday 30 November 2007

Help... What will I do now???


This has been my hand sewing for the last two years, the hexagons are half inch and so far the quilt measures 52" X 67" (132cm X 170cm) I have two straight borders now and was going to put little round hexagon flowers in the gaps down the triangle sides but now I think it will be too much... I think I will just fill in the triangles with white hexagons then I think I will put an Applique border on next but what sort of Applique Border???

And what about the corners???

I think - I think - I think... Help!!

5 Comments:

Blogger DoubleL said...

Pennie I love how you have squared it up cant that continue down the other sides too. No suggestions re the border though - you dont want too fussy to take away from the gorgeous hexagons. Loz

Friday 30 November 2007 at 16:31:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Lissa Jane said...

Pennie
how about a vine with some tiny leaves and hexagon flowers for the border? i like the flowers in the triangles on the sides, I think it looks lovely.. I too have to have a squared up quilt, haven't mastered bias binding, so no curves or anything 'tricky' for me! :O)

Take care

Lissa

Saturday 1 December 2007 at 08:34:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Michelle Watters said...

I am loving the white filler triangles but I am concerned about the different one third from the left. I would like the two extra hexagons on the sides of the flower removed. Then I would like you to contine around the four sides in the appropriate manner. After that I am happy for you to add a border. I would like you to make a few prototypes and submit them for scrutiny and then we can all decide which one will be best.

Monday 3 December 2007 at 08:13:00 GMT+11  
Blogger Nola said...

ROTF at Michelle. Well, you did ask!

It looks incredible, Pennie - I really like it (and you know how I am deeply prejudiced against hexagons owing to my early experience that left me tragically scarred).

Monday 3 December 2007 at 21:26:00 GMT+11  
Anonymous Laura said...

I have no idea how you wound up finishing your quilt. I just wanted to tell you how lovely it is and how inspiring. For I too was scarred young by a tragic hexagon experience.

Friday 14 August 2009 at 07:34:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home