Wednesday 17 October 2007

Miriam Margolyes

David and I went to the Sydney Theatre (not to be mistaken for the Sydney Theatre Company but just across the road... so work that one out!! Why put two theatres with very similar names opposite each other??)... anyway... we went to see Miriam Margolyes in 'Dickens Women' which was absolutely brilliant, she has a few different chairs on stage for props and reads, mostly by heart the roles of many of the characters that Charles Dickens put into his books, many of which she herself has played in either film or TV. She also told us a lot about the real women in his life... most entertaining so if you get the chance grab it!
I stole this photo of Miiram Margolyes from her Website, here she is playing Professor Sprout in the Harry Potter movies.
P.S. Somethings in the air I think... David and I've been to three things in the last 8 days... we can go 6 months without seeing a show but in this last few days we've seen the brilliant Swedish film, 'As it is in Heaven', Clive and now Miriam... all highly recommended

2 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

I am so envious PD!
When I saw her on Denton I really wanted to hear/see her in real life!
hugz,

Thursday 18 October 2007 at 16:59:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Michelle Watters said...

I loved her on Denton. A real character. Would love to see the play.

Thursday 18 October 2007 at 22:15:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home