Thursday 17 May 2007

Tempe House on the Cooks River.

David and I had a day out today, we mean to do this much more often than we do then promise ourselves we'll do it again straight after we get home but somehow life gets in the way... anyway... I took a travel tablet and David drove first to Balmain to drop off a quilt, then to Norton Street for lunch then to Undercliffe for a Hot Chocolate. David discovered this little Chocolate shop called 'Adora' on the Cooks River at Undercliffe when he and his brother Andrew were on one of their day long walks and what a find, I only hope I can find it again myself one day. The Cooks River is one river I've never looked at much before so I was surprised to see how lovely it is with all its parks and playing fields... then onto Tempe, past the Bus Museum... but we didn't stop... to Tempe House and St Magdalen Church... WOW! Tempe House was designed by John Verge and built in 1839, it's now totally overshadowed by apartments but beautifully restored, I have no idea what they are going to use it for but it's wonderful to see it still standing right next to one of the prettiest churches I've seen. Lovely Day... and we'll do another one like it again soon!!!

Tempe House, originally uploaded by Pennie David.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Walton said...

You came all this way and didn't visit :{

Thursday 17 May 2007 at 23:41:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home