Sunday 15 April 2007

Go the Swannies!!

I've always given our children a book each at Easter time, much better than cheap chocolate eggs I say... anyway this year... seeing they were not only in the same country at the same time but the same city as well I decided to give them a day out instead. Just the four of them with their partners which makes eight. I ummed and arrred and eventually decided to send them to see an Australian Football League game... more commonly called Aussie Rules... and of course they all went for the Sydney Swans (the only NSW team). Only two of the eight had ever seen an AFL game so I was a little nervous about spending so much money on tickets for something a little unusual for them but I needn't have worried they all had a fabulous day with a very exciting game to watch which was very close until the last quarter and thankfully the Sydney Swannies beat the Brisbane Lions 96 to 69!
When we were only a family of 6 I used to put in their Christmas Stockings each year a ticket to see a One Day Cricket Match and I always cooked up a delicious lunch to take with us... sooooo.... I did the same for them today... the Menu is below which some may say is a bit posh for a footy game but nothing came home except much praise.
Menu for Swannies Day
Smoked Trout, Goats Cheese and Avocado Egg Rolls
Mini Kumara & Leek Frittatas
Asparagus wrapped Prosciutto with Lime & Ginger Dipping Sauce
Marinated Grilled Chicken Pieces (Cumin, smoked paprika, fennel, cloves, Australian Sea Salt)
Lamb, Mint and Honey Sausages
Hand sliced raw vegetables (Carrot, Cucumber & Sugar Peas)
Fresh Fruit (Strawberries, Blue Berries & Grapes)
Creamy Mint filled Chocolate Eggs
Great Aunt Carol’s Fudge

In the meantime and back at the Ranch as they say, David and I organized for two of my nieces to come and play with Jackson Harry, Charlie Ripley and Abigail Rose. (Matilda May went to see the Swannies with her Mummy) Cousine Madison and Casey were real gems and our Grandchildren had a wonderful day... except for poor Charlie who was running a temp.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica Spinks said...

Pennie, can you pack my lunch for every Swans' game? It beats my sandwich!

Monday 16 April 2007 at 20:09:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Gwilym said...

Thanks for a wonderful day Mum, Em and I had a great time, we got to go on the grounds after the game and I sampled a piece of SCG turf!

Tuesday 17 April 2007 at 10:44:00 GMT+10  
Blogger rooruu said...

YUM!

Wednesday 18 April 2007 at 01:02:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home