Sunday 24 September 2006

Next Generation of Bus Parties.

For more than 30 years this old Albion bus of ours has help us celebrate holidays, picnics, birthdays, netball, soccer and scout fundraisers, today we started the second generation of birthday parties.
This is our first bus outing in 1972, in the middle of the photo are David with Pennie holding a 6 month old Nerys. That's her Uncle Nick leaning out the window furthest to the back of the bus.
Here we are today with Jackson's friends and their parents.
The cake I made for Jackson with photos of Jack, Charlie and our little Abigail Rose in the windows upstairs.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah AND an (Great) uncle Nick as well !

Wednesday 27 September 2006 at 08:54:00 GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the Bus picnics with much fondness. There really was somthing cool about trundling along in the bus to all sorts of Sydney locations. One of my favourite memories was trying to explain to some young girls that it wasn't a Public bus when they boarded it at Palm Beach for the trip home! Had I been a bit Older (Bolder?) I may have let them stay! GUN (Great Uncle Nick)

Wednesday 27 September 2006 at 08:57:00 GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I've had my learning experience for the day, have just read the blog about the restoration of the Leyland and think that I can safely distinguish an Albion from a Leyland now. My method is to remember (hopefully!!) that Leylands are red (partially) and both words and in a "d".
Baby steps....:)
I might cry if David tells me that they have various colour schemes - surely not!
KLM

Wednesday 27 September 2006 at 17:13:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Liz Needle said...

Loved the bus pictures David. Takes me back to my childhood when we used to travel to Glenelg beach either on a double decker bus or the old Glenelg tram. The old trams are being rplaced by flash new ones with the hardest seats you could ever sit on and the DD bused are long gone from Anzac Highway. So sad!!

Wednesday 27 September 2006 at 22:42:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home