Thursday 14 September 2006

I was a good Citizen today!

I was proud of myself today.. there I was getting my calico bags out of the boot of my car in the car park at Hornsby when I heard this car driving really fast then a screech and a bang.
Just behind me this older car had hit a new model station wagon as it was slowly backing out of it's parking spot. The young woman driver of the station wagon was apologizing profusely to the young guy in the car that had hit her who then stood tall smoothed back his already slicked backed hair, put his hands on his hips and started telling her off. There was an older couple near by who when I stepped in to tell the girl to stop apologizing because he was going too fast and it wasn’t her fault... joined me, agreed with me and offered themselves as a witness just as I had. Then the young bloke tried to tell me it wasn’t his fault he was only going 20kph! In a car park where it says 10kph??? Anyway I think it was faster than that but how could you tell. I told him the speed limit was 10kph and it was a car park not a speedway and showed him the skid marks under his car which went from his front wheels to behind his back wheels and pointed out that the Police could find out exactly how fast he was going by these skids. He stood his ground but I told the young woman who’s mother was out of the car by now to take a photo of the damage to this blokes car and a photo of the skid marks which she did with her mobile phone and he slowly started backing down. He then rang someone who must have told him to get on his bike but not before the girl got his name and number. Luckily the young woman’s car was undamaged except for one small black mark on her bumper but the guys car had a smashed headlight and a crumpled left hand front. There was a baby in the station wagon as well but no one was hurt except maybe the young guy’s pride at being told off by a mere woman when he thought he had it made with the frightened young driver!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dy said...

You go girl!!

Friday 15 September 2006 at 09:20:00 GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pennie

Now this is the first time I have visited your blog for a long time - and this is what I find!

I think you were acting way out of turn here. The woman, who was probably either gossiping or bragging about some shoes she had just bought with her husband's money and which probably don't even fit, should have ensured it was safe to reverse out of the car space. The onus was on her. How can anyone possibly drive at 10k? You would either have to ride the clutch or kangaroo hop around the car park. A man's car is built for speed and he would only have been there (in a shopping centre car park)for a good reason. And why did the woman not reverse into the car space so that she could safely drive out in safety and with good vision? I know why not - because that would have been too hard for her.

While we are on the subject of do-gooders - I think they should let nature take its course and have little Wah-Wah for morning tea up there in the jungle.

Peter S

Saturday 16 September 2006 at 16:48:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home