Saturday 8 October 2005

Our first weekend back in Guildford.

In late 1967 David arrived in England… on his arrival he noticed a sign on an Aldershot and District Bus that said ‘Drivers and Conductors Wanted’ David was ecstatic and broke... so eagerly signed up. He completed his Bus Driving Training and was going for his test when they discovered that he didn’t have a British Drivers Licence so David was the first and probably the only person to sit for both licences at once.

We returned to Guildford this weekend for the Members of the Aldershot and District Bus Interest Group Outing Day, which was a trip through the Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire countryside in any one of three old buses… a Dennis Loline exactly like the ones David drove or a AEC Reliance single deck and a red Thames Valley Bristol K6. (Yes I am being dictated to!!)

Although I enjoyed the countryside… the five hour trip felt more like 5 days to me and I’ve now made a resolution to only spend one more bus day with David…. I’m over Buses!! He can choose the day… but he must choose wisely!

David in 2005, I need time to scan the older photo into the Blog so stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home