Wednesday 24 August 2005

It's Spring!


Thirteen more Sleeps and counting down!!

Today has a lovely feeling of Spring in the air, the garden is full of colour the sky is cloudless and the maximum temperature is 19c, the same as in London so the Sydney Morning Herald tells me.

I have a relaxed feeling because so many things have been done or are under control and are no longer playing havoc with my mind, I won’t relax too much though I’ll leave that for the trip over. I’ve ticked off... Tax, Taxman and Accountant, House Insurance, Cars, Cleaners, Gardener, Doctors, Health Insurance, Passports, Tickets, money and all sorts of little incidentals. Clothes have been bought - some of you may not realize how big a statement that is for me, shopping and Pennie have never liked each other!

Yesterday I finished off my sewing ‘Must Do’ list so only have my lovely little half inch hexagons to play with, today the bathroom got the best scrubbing it’s ever had, the pool has a lovely new cover so will keep out all the leaves and bark that will start to fall off the Lemon Scented Gums soon... and the garden is lovely and tidy.

Tomorrow I’ll get a hair cut and renew my drivers licence because it will expire while we are away, I have to take my ticket in lieu of a renewal notice I’ve been told. Friday David is having another film session with a couple of people who are making a documentary about his restoration of his Leyland Double Decker Bus.

We’ve enjoyed having my sister Meredith and husband Bill staying for 10 days and we’ll see them in the UK in January. A day has been put aside to spend with Mum and Dad, I have presents for them :-)

Nerys, Tim & Jackson Harry with Tim’s brother Simon are in Noosa visiting Tim’s Dad and Sue, Briony and Joon are planning a trip to Korea for her to meet Joon’s family they also plan a visit to London at Christmas time and Gwilym and Emily are moving into ‘333’ on Saturday they will be organizing their travel plans for their April 2006 trip tomorrow.

We celebrated 4 birthdays in style last weekend because we will miss the real birthdays for Briony, Jackson Harry, Nerys and Gwilym, it was another lovely family day with BBQed Turkey on the menu so they wouldn’t miss out this year. Only one more family party to come on the 4th of September when we will celebrate Fathers Day and David’s birthday which isn’t till November, I will go all out at the Fish Markets I think.

Emma and Abi are back in London after a stay in Monaco, Tomos tells me the kitchen is almost finished but they still don’t have any hot water! Abigail Rose is absolutely adorable when we chat to her via the Web Cam she crawls and explores and plays then gives us a great big smile! She will be 9 months old when we get to see her and I can tell she is looking forward to a good cuddle from her Aussie Grandmother.

‘Far Pavilions’ is closing in London on September 17th which is a relief to Tomo, we will miss it but by all accounts it wasn’t the worlds best musical. This means Tomo will be available to audition for other shows.

Off to my last sew and chat with the ‘Ku-ring-gai’s’ tonight... another group of friends I will miss.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do have your blog in my favourites Pennie - so all is ok!!!

Cori

Wednesday 24 August 2005 at 22:05:00 GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've ticked off your list, but forgot me!

Peter (Solicitor)

Monday 29 August 2005 at 07:34:00 GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday 29 August 2005 at 07:35:00 GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting the hang of this - you only need to hit the "publish" button once.

Peter (Solicitor)

Monday 29 August 2005 at 07:43:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home