Thursday 11 August 2005

Laugh!

Lots of laughs last night, firstly Tim’s brother Simon arrived from Stoke in England just before 9pm... two hours late but we knew that so it wasn’t a problem. The flight was late because a woman on board went into labour so they had to make an emergency landing in Deli of all places... A little girl was born in India but we don’t know the nationality of the mother or anything. How about that to spoil your planned Australian birth eh??   It was wonderful to meet Simon at last and he was excited to be in Australia for the first time.

Secondly... Gwilym, Emily and I went to the Airport to try out my ‘Airport’  on my iBook.   We could get up the Sydney Airport Homepage but couldn’t do any emails or anything, I could have if my server was Telstra or Optus and I think I could have if I was in the Qantas Lounge or something.

Anyway we gave that a miss but on the way home Emily sat in the back of the car with the computer on watching the ‘Airport’ icon... By this time It’s around 10 at night and every now and then she’d say ‘We’re on to (some strange name)... Oh no we need a password’  then as we got over the Harbour Bridge she got a connection but we were on a freeway and couldn’t pull over so lost it.  At last as we were going around a roundabout at Naremburn we connected again... I had to get out of the roundabout of course and we lost it so I backed as close as I could, no luck so ended up turning around and going around the roundabout to see where the signal was the strongest, I parked as close as I could.  

We were on the corner of Chandos and Oxley Streets, St Leonard’s using a wireless connection called NBS and not needing a password... I think in polite circles this is called hacking isn’t it??  :-))    Anyway after writing an email which bounced for some because my Yahoo wasn’t connected to Gmail, we decided to try and Skype Tomos... And we did!!   Talk about laugh...  There were the three of us all staring at a small laptop in a small car in the middle of one of the coldest nights in Sydney laughing to Tomos in London who had our long time friend Merv with him... Better than the movies it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home