Saturday 8 September 2007

Scatterday 'R' (W3)


Scatterday'R'(W3).jpg, originally uploaded by Pennie David.

Week Three Scatterday, using the letter ‘R’ and the categories, Childhood, The Arts and Plant World.

Childhood = Rodd’s during their Childhood.
Clements Ripley Rodd (My Grandfather)
Ripley Clements Rodd (My Father)
Penelope Jane Rodd (Me)

The Arts = William Heath Robinson (May 31, 1872 – September 13, 1944) was an English cartoonist and illustrator, who signed himself W. Heath Robinson. He is best known for drawings of eccentric machines and "Heath Robinson" has entered the language as a description of any unnecessarily complex and implausible contraption.
1. ‘The All-Purpose Oil Stove’ from Aides De Cuisine in the book ’Meals on Wheels’.
2. Our Collection of Heath Robinson books.
3. ‘The Picnic Saloon’ from Quick Snacks in the book ‘Meals on Wheels’.

Plant World = Roots from the Bonsai Moreton Bay Fig my Darling Grandmother ‘Ma Ma’ started in the 1960’s.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Watters said...

Yes Pennie - you are a very clever girl! Well done on R - can't wait until I see what you do with Q!

Saturday 8 September 2007 at 08:38:00 GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! You look similar to your Dad.
KLM

Saturday 8 September 2007 at 09:11:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Christina said...

Lovely array of photos enjoyed this one a lot.
Christina

Saturday 8 September 2007 at 09:26:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Di said...

Oh Pennie, this is seriously good work. A gold star to you (even if you can't get your ranunculi to flower yet)!

Saturday 8 September 2007 at 12:11:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Liz Needle said...

Great thinking, Pennie. Love the sepia tones of your photos. Very effective.

How do you get your mosaics that size? MIne are all so small.

Saturday 8 September 2007 at 13:35:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Pennie said...

Michelle... I'm all ready to go and photograph my Q's, it was a tricky one but didn't daunt David and I together.
KLM... I do think there is a family likeness always has been strong for generations.
Di... thank you for my Gold Star I will wear it with pride and hand it on next week.
Liz... I always post my photos to my Blog through Flickr, it makes the photos bigger which saves you from clicking on them to see them properly, best way I reckon and the colour I’ve used for my Scatterday R is actually Antique, I liked it the best otherwise I would have had sepia, B/W and colour which would have looked a mess. cheers Pennie

Saturday 8 September 2007 at 15:53:00 GMT+10  
Blogger Dy said...

Well done Pennie, love the antique tone of your photos. How handy to have had an 'R' surname! Love those gnarled roots!

Saturday 8 September 2007 at 17:59:00 GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home