Sunday 3 June 2007

Grandkids are the BEST!!

When my children were growing up I meant to write down the funny and cute things that they said but of course I was just too busy and now I’ve forgotten most to them so I’m going to write down some of the things my Grandchildren say for their parents and for them later on!

#1 One day last week Jackson and I were wandering about the garden looking for colour to photograph when he stopped... looked at me and said... ‘Pennie, (he says Pennie at least 6 thousand times in a day, using it several times in one sentence sometimes) Pennie, your hair looks lovely today... did you cut it??’

#2 When I was icing Charlie Ripley’s baby naming cake Jackson asked if he could help me so I set him up with 8 small bowls and one large bowl in which I tipped a couple of large packets of Smarties and asked him to separate the colours into the smaller bowls for me. He concentrated on this job for ages and only twice asked me if he could have a Smartie, I said yes but only the brown ones because I wouldn’t be using them on the Chocolate Cake. His mother came home from shopping, distracted him and stole some Smarties... he was most indignant dobbing her into me straight away so I told her off and said she must ask if she wanted a Smartie and to only have brown ones. A little while later I heard her ask Jackson if she could have a brown Smartie and he replied, ‘Yes, but don’t let me hear you ask for another one.’

#3 When Jackson got to his new home he found the furniture van had arrived and delivered all their goods and chattels and he went around the house excitedly exclaiming at each discovery... ‘Look our couches, Look our chairs, Look our toys...’ His mother said it was just like Christmas wasn’t it... ‘NO! No not like CHRISTMAS!’ he said with a worried face... ‘Noooo not like Christmas!’

#4 Jackson was playing with shapes and naming them all... Nerys told him he was a very clever boy to know all the names of the shapes when he said. ‘Yes, I know everything I need to know!’

Grandkids are the best!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home