Sunday 6 August 2006

My Kambrachallenge Weekend...

My very clever friend Stephanie made the above photo which is a collage of all our ‘Kambrachallenge’ friends showing their 2006 Challenges.
Our group started with just two of us in 1999 when I challenged my friend Kathryn to make a quilt using a whole pack of 40 X 7” squares using every square and only one other fabric. Over the last 7 years our group has grown till we closed it about 3 years ago when our number reached 17. Each year one of us sets a challenge of some sort, past challenges have been... Fabric packs, Stripes, Seminole, Red & White, Circles and this year it was ‘On the Body using fabric from our stash’. My challenge, which will go to Jackson Harry as a table mat... is ‘A Body on the Body of our Albion Bus’... you can see David holding up the original advertisement that I took the photo of for my bus.
Every year I am bowled over by how clever we all are and what a diverse group we have become. After our ‘Kambrachallenge Revelations’ one of us chooses the next years challenge then for about one week I can hardly sleep at night thinking about what has been set... my brain dances with ideas and patterns until my decision is eventually made. You can see a pack of fabrics in the top left hand corner of the photo, this is our 8th Kambrachallenge and was set by Michelle... we have 12 months to make something using these fabrics... What fun and what a wonderful weekend was had by all of us... thanks everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home