Wednesday 8 February 2006

A bit of a Panic

I offered to mind Abigail Rose today... Tom and Emma needed to pack their bags for their 10 day trip to India... Via NEW YORK!! I knew they were leaving around 4pm so said, as Abi and I trotted off to Pennie and David's home for the day, 'Give me a call when you're ready and I'll bring her back.' So I cooked her some breakfast and we played in between her seeking out David and putting her little arms up to him so he could pick her up and sing her a Nursery Rhyme... she is David's little girl today.

Letters needed posting, we were out of money on our phone and a parcel needed picking up from the Parcel Office on the other side of the High Street so at about 11:30am the two of them set off together. Half an hour later Tom rang to say it was time to bring her around because the Taxi was coming at 12:30pm!!!!! Panic... I didn't know where Abi... and David were!! Tom gave me directions to the Parcel Office which is up towards Alexandra Palace so I jumped in the car and went looking.

Wood Green is a busy place similar to say... North Sydney on a good day, lots of people, cars, buses and traffic! I couldn't find the parcel office but knew I'd gone too far so turned around and went back the way I came very slowly and looking for a man in a bright blue jacket pushing a pram... then I found the Parcel Office, backed up, parked and jumped out thinking I would ask if they had seen a man pushing a pram collecting my parcel and there they were just coming out of the Office! I grabbed Abi and belted the two of us in the back seat while David folded the pram and put it in the boot and then drove us as quickly as possible to Maurice Avenue!

We made it with a couple of minutes to spare but the Taxi was late so we had time to take a breather before we remembered that someone had to stay in all day because the Gas Man was coming and we'd not been there the other two times he'd called so considered trouble! We made it home before the Gas Man... thankfully!

Tom, Emma and Abigail Rose have arrived in New York and are in New Jersey preparing for Tom's school friend Jacinta... and Paul's wedding then they are off to India for a big gig.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

today's the 14th of feb - so happy valentine's day to pennie and david / mum and dad.
we got 2 amazing anonymous valentine's cards from london... if only we knew who sent them to us...??!!
thinking of you. see you back in sydney soon.
gwil and em

Tuesday 14 February 2006 at 22:08:00 GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home